Saturday, March 17, 2012

Birth Photography, The Beginning...

Today I met with my first homebirth photography client and the midwives that will be helping her to birth her baby. 
I don't know about them, but I'm super excited about this opportunity!
Not only do I get to be a part of another homebirth team, I get to take pictures...another (and my first) passion.  Nothing beats that!
My old slr camera broke quite a few years ago.  I didn't want to buy a cheap version of what I wanted, so I just put off buying a new one.  I used a cheap digital camera (it was hard to get used to at first) and then I started using my phone.  I wasn't a doula and I was only taking pictures of my kids eating breakfast or making faces or wearing cute outfits. 
I needed a new camera...so I bought one.  Unfortunately, it hasn't been shipped yet.  Fortunately, the birth isn't (hopefully) for at least a couple more weeks.  I bought a Nikon D80 from Amazon.com.  I can barely stand waiting for it to arrive.  The UPS man is like Santa for grown ups. 

No comments:

Post a Comment