Thursday, May 26, 2011

Mermaid Maternity

When I was pregnant, finding a bathing suit was not horrible.  It was just annoying.  The only thing available and affordable was a simple tankini from Old Navy.  Don't get me wrong, I wore it through 3 pregnancies and I felt mostly comfortable in it.  Except during the last month or so when my belly stuck out of the bottom of everything, not just my suit.  The bikini bottoms provided enough coverage, too.  However, there were days I wished I had more coverage and more flattering fabrics. 
Introducing Mermaid Maternity.
This is a mom owned and operated company.  The suits are beautifully simple.  She offers a variety of options, like board shorts, rash guards, skorts, skirts, briefs and tankinis.  I love this ruched bandeau tankini top suit for it's amazing color and style.  The fabric looks like the horizon at dusk on a beautifully hot day. There's a drawstring at the bottom to maximize coverage comfort. 
I love these suits for a variety of reasons, number one being that they cater to pregnant women...not teenage girls. 
Mermaid Maternity offers a reasonable return and exchange policy.  They've also started a non-maternity swim short/skort  line.  I remember wearing my maternity bathing suit well past maternity days because nothing else fit right. 
I love supporting moms in their home businesses. I love supporting local moms and businesses, too. 
Thanks, Mermaid Maternity, for providing such a great product!  I think I may need to get pregnant again so I can try out your swimwear! 

No comments:

Post a Comment